St. Louis Community College

Center for Business, Industry & Labor

              www.cbil.org

Home Search Privacy Policy Contact Us Site Map
Training and Consulting for Saint Louis Business and Industry.
Menu   Customer Service    

s.gif.

 

About CBIL
Computer Training
Training / Consulting Areas
CBIL Webinars
CBIL Podcasts
CBIL Partners

 

Training / Consulting Areas

 

Customer Service
Instructional Design/Doc.
eLearning with eCBIL™
The Lean Enterprise
Management & Team Dev.
Research
Technical & Safety Training

 

Did You Know?

 

CBIL has a monthly email newsletter that we want to share with you. Take a look at our past issues and feel free to Sign Up.

 

s.gif.

What is Customer Service?

Phrases such as “we put the customer first” or “the customer is always right” adorn the walls and desks of organizations everywhere. However, there is more to customer service than hanging a poster or talking about it. The most successful businesses have learned that customer service is their business. Making the decision to take your team through customer service training puts you in good company. Customer service training will help your employees realize that service quality is created one customer and one encounter at a time, each and every time to the specification of that one customer. The real service mission of your company should not be to get the customer in the door but to make sure their experience brings them back. Giving your employees the knowledge, skill and ability to consistently deliver exemplary customer service is your organization’s key to long term survival and success.

Why invest in Customer Service?

The inability or failure to deliver quality customer service costs organizations millions of dollars every day. The single most important aspect of a successful business is good customer service. Customer service research confirms that:

  • If a company increased their customer retention by two percent, it is the equivalent of cutting their operating expenses by ten percent.

  • It costs five to seven times more to find new customers than to retain current customers. “Totally satisfied” customers are six times more likely to repurchase a company’s products over a span of one to two years than merely satisfied customers are.

  • A typical business only hears from 4% of its dissatisfied customers. The other 96% quietly go away. Of this 96%, 68% never reveal their dissatisfaction because they perceive an attitude of indifference in the owner, manager or employee.

  • Often employees perceive dissatisfaction in a customer but choose to ignore it and hope the problem will go away. However, if the customer goes away with the problem, the customer will likely never return to the business.

  • If a dissatisfied customer can’t express their complaints to the business they will express them through other outlets such as friends, neighbors and family. A typical dissatisfied customer will tell eight to ten people about their problem. One in five will tell 20.

  • It takes 12 positive service incidents to make up for one negative incident. Seven out of ten complaining customers will do business again if you resolve the complaint in their favor. If you resolve it on the spot, 95 percent will do business with you again.

s.gif. s.gif.

 

Contact Information

 

For more information, please contact Karin Fowler, Business Practice Leader for Customer Service at 314.539.5357 or kfowler@stlcc.edu

 

Resource Links

 

Meet the Practice Leader
Products / Services

webinar_dwn_btn.gif.

 

 
Home Up Next

3221 McKelvey Road, Bridgeton, MO 63044 Phone: 314-539-5310 Fax: 314-539-5349
| Contact CBIL | © 2012 St. Louis Community College | CBIL Privacy Policy | Text Only |
| Legal Disclaimer | Accommodations Statement | Non-Discrimination Statement | February 15, 2012 |